"Yep, nothing the terrorist recruiter loves more than having a
fella like Tom Delay informing millions of devastated Muslims and Hindus that the tsunami was God's wrath upon their 'non-christianhood'."
The Easiest Jobs In The World
Posted January 12, 2004
By: Kerry Tomasi
You know who has the easiest job in the world right now? The terrorist
recruiter. Yes, it's true. The only difficult part is to try and keep up
with the daily production, and delivery, from their primary supplier -
the "U.S. Rightwing Corporation". I'll bet they're overjoyed
at times with the sheer volume of material available, and the ease in
which they are able to peddle their wares. And I'm not just referring to
the obvious and ongoing "Great Satan" stuff. They also have
hundreds of current event items to choose from. Things like:
- George "The Vacationing Man" Bush's initial $15 million aid insult to the predominately Muslim victims of the tsunami.
- Tom Delay's Jan. 5th admonition for those very same tsunami victims, reading from the book of Matthew:
"And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it." (7:26-27) Yep, nothing the terrorist recruiter loves more than having a fella like Tom Delay informing millions of devastated Muslims and Hindus that the tsunami was God's wrath upon their 'non-christianhood'.
- Speaking of good Christian folks, how about Jerry Falwell's recent comment to
"blow them [the terrorists/insurgents] all away in the name of the Lord!" I guess the good reverend was simply reiterating something Jesus once said:
"God, the Almighty legislated the permission and the option to take revenge.... And whoever has killed our civilians, then we have the right to kill theirs." No wait, that wasn't Jesus who said that. It was Osama bin Laden! Well surely Jesus said something to that effect somewhere. Otherwise it would appear as if Falwell was promoting al Qaeda doctrine!
- And what terrorist recruiter couldn't 'make hay' out of a U.S. Attorney General who advocates torture for suspects? Just another example of the "high moral and ethical standards" hypocrisy the recruiter can share with the kids at his weekly Maddrasas lecture.
- Is there anyone who actually believes there will be any kind of legitimate or meaningful election in Iraq Jan 30th? Folks, the results of the Iraqi election are already in, and I suspect the terrorist recruiter and the 'insurgency' know that. It's already been determined who won, how many voted, and they even have a few exit polls revealing how thankful the Iraqi people were for the US bringing freedom and democracy to their country. This is why Bushco desperately needs to just get the thing over with. Why else would they imply it doesn't matter how many actually vote or if their vote gets counted? What kind of an "election" is that? Our kind?!
- And, of course, you have the 'big one' - the Iraq invasion and oil/land grab; killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in the process, including the utter decimation of the town of Fallujah. Did I say civilians? My mistake. There are no "civilians" in Iraq, you see, just 'insurgents'. Those pesky insurgents. They just don't get it that our occupation of their country is for their own good, not ours. The dozen or so military bases we are constructing, the "securing" of their oil reserves, the divvying up of all other assets to international corporations, and the puppet government we are installing Jan. 30th are all for their own good. So are the "Salvador Option" death squads we are preparing to unleash. And we'll make them see that, eventually we will. With love and compassion we'll prove to them what U.S. style freedom and democracy is all about, if we have to kill every last one of them to do so.
To conclude. Has there been a single thing Bush and Company has done in the past 4 years that has not been beneficial to the terrorist recruiters? Anything at all? It almost seems as if they are trying to assist them, even in an indirect way, with their recruitment efforts. Could that be? Would they do such a thing in order to justify a never ending "war on terror", therefore securing their tenuous hold on power? No, that can't be it. No way. Bush already was, and always will be, beloved beyond his wildest dreams. Even if you took away the 911 attacks and the "war on terror", he would still be registering in the mid to upper 30's, maybe even the lower 40's, in popularity right now. So no, it has to be purely a coincidence that the "war on terror" just happens to make Dubya's job, and his job security, a whole lot easier.
So I guess you could say there's more than one easiest job in the world right now.
Lucky for Bush too, as I understand there's a lot more brush at the "ranch" needing cleared.
Not sure what the terrorist recruiter is doing with all his free time though.
© Copyright 1/12/05 by Kerry Tomasi. Permission
is granted for reprint in print, email, blog, or web media if this credit is
attached and the title remains unchanged.